Huxley 2

As you can see in the previous post i am busy building a Huxley 3D Printer.

After i have bought the missing parts, i continued to assemble the x-axis and it took not long to look like this:

Unfortunalty i used the wrong bars for this axis, which i only noticed after i secured all nuts and began mounting it to the Huxley. This meant unscrewing all those many screws on the x-axis again, replace the bars and thighten them a second time. This time everything seemed to fit, so i began mounting the z-axis and with it this x-axis on the huxley.

After getting it all squared and correctly fixed it looked like this:

Which means nearly all construction is complete and the mechanical part is done. Jay !

Next would be to install the motors, belts and the extruder. But as i began to do this i noticed more missing and wrong parts. One of my belts is too short so i have to order a new one. Also i completly forgot the bearings for the y-axis belt.

And last, but not least, i noticed that the Huxley has a too small carriage for the planned Hotend from Arcol.hu. Even the two bars are too near together to fit that hot-end. So for this i will have to find a special solution. Currently i plan to just mount it on the side of the carriage and mount the print bed a bit off-center. For this i will need to design and print a few parts, luckly i already got a 3D printer :-)

Stay tune how the adventure continues..

------------------------------------------------------

Domonoky

 

Comment (0) Hits: 3786

Huxley 1

Since our two 3D printers (Mendel and Rapman) are constantly busy printing parts, we are in the need of another 3D printer for our experiments. We decided it should be a Huxley so we get a transportable printer which we can easily take with us and show around.

So we started gathering parts, nuts and bolts, bars and took a RP set from our shop at www.2printbeta.de :

Once we had most of it gathered and hauled to my place, i started building it.
I began assembling the frame parts and could complete the frame itself after a few hours:

In the evening, on the next day, i continued with the y-axis and not much later i was able to install it onto the frame:

After that it was again time to sleep, as my normal day job also wants my attention. :-)

But on the next evening i continued buiding the Huxley till i got stuck by some small missing parts, which i will have to gather tomorrow. I was able to complete most of the assemblys for the x-axis and some z-axis parts:

After i gathered the missing parts, this report will continue in the next days, stay tuned.

------------------------------

Domonoky

Comment (0) Hits: 4386

More Articles...

  1. Mixed Filament Set